About Me

My photo
I'm not a parent, not a licensed counselor, and not with child services....I decided to start this blog because I have something to say about the children and parents of the world....I've lived with children my whole life and work with children daily....I've seen parents sit back and think their child would never do the very things I will write about...Guess what! They did--that's why I have something to write about. Read up and enjoy :)

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Where did he/she learn that????

Your child using profanity with their friends?  They have refrained from using it around you (CLUE: They know they should not be saying it) but you over heard them saying it........

How close do you watch their internet use?  Do you check history? Temporary files? Downloads?  If you don't know how ----GOOGLE and find out.  Your child may be seeing more than they need to just through Google images if not flix!  If you have not checked because "Your child would never do such a thing" -----CHECK NOW! (even if you are in church every time doors are open). 

If you have a webcam, check what they've been videoing.  You never know!  I can't stress this enough parents.  If it's available then there is the "possibility" it's being abused (if not that's great! Congrats!) ESPECIALLY if they do not expect you to check it.  If you don't oversee what your children are doing who will??

What kind of pics are they sending on their phone?  WHO are they sending them to?  FB is a heck of a place to see pics of your daughter or son posted (O_O).

Monitor what your children are doing.......Trusting your CHILD is a parent trap!  Give them their space, of course, but monitor that space.  UNTIL they leave your house--not just until they are old enough to bathe themselves, cook, and drive--they are not grown!  Granted they can somewhat take care of themselves physically, but their decision making skills have only begun.  They still need your guidance up into their 20's.  So take a seat and get comfortable ;-)




No comments:

Post a Comment